Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sewing on sewing patterns



I am by no means a seamstress, but I love the look of stitching on cards and scrapbook pages. I also love to make these flowers out of sewing patterns. I found a bunch of patterns at a local thrift store for 10 cents each. I used some of the instructions sheet for this flower as well as the pattern tissue paper and also added some of the new SU tulle ribbon between each layer. This card is made with different layers of patterned papers that I distressed with my distressing tool and ink. There is a lot of stitching, too.

This is a close-up of the flower.


I have been working on some projects for my home this week. I made two plate racks and you will not believe what I made them out of! I am also working on a shutter project for my dining area.
For the past few years, I have been addicted to reading DIY blogs and learning new ways to
re-purpose things I have on hand or found at thrift stores and flea markets. I don't think I will ever purchase a new piece of furniture again. I love watching Junk Gypsies on HGTV. They come up with some of the neatest things! Pinterest came along and stole my heart! If you are on Pinterest, come follow me and I will follow you back!! I am in love with the Country Cottage style, except I have to have my bright colors. I look at all these white rooms with neutral colors layered on each other and think how pretty they are. Then I remember I have a man, a 12 year old boy, a dog and a cat that live in my house, so whites do not work here! (my daughter still lives here, too, but she is a girly girl and would probably love that style). So I guess my style is Eclectic Country Cottage With a Twist. Primarily red is my go to color. I think it has something to do with my 30+ year collection of Coca Cola memorabilia. And I recently discovered my love of red and turquoise together. Oh my what a happy color combo!! Be on the lookout for some colorful and distressed items soon!!

Whew, if you got through all that, thanks for sticking with me!! It's just about bed time for me. Ya'll have a great week :) Until next time....
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Hi,
I liked your blog and I personally invite you to join http://www.coollectors.com - The World's Free Collectors Zone.
We will also be happy to cooperate with your blog such as adding its link to our site.
All the best,
Diane
info@coollectors.com