Sunday, September 30, 2012

Purple Birthday Wishes Card


I made this card all based on that little purple tag on the top left of the card. You will never guess where that little tag came from. Give up? It is a dry cleaner tag that they put on shirts. I saw it on my boss' laundry when I picked it up and a light bulb went off in my head! Yeah, my brain works in weird ways, lol. The purple tag matches perfectly to the card stock. I looked through my stash of papers to find a designer paper that would go well with the purple, too. This piece is from K&Company's Best of Brenda Walton paper pack. I stamped SU's French Script Background stamp in Chocolate Chip on the designer piece.  All pieces were distressed and then inked to shabby it up some and I also sewed around the edges. The flower is made from clothes patterns and white tulle between the layers. I then rubbed a purple ink pad across the flower to tie in the color. There is also some pearly beads added behind the flower. 

The last week has been really hectic at work and I didn't get many chances to play and create in the art house. Saturday was my son's birthday and Monday is my Dad's birthday, so I spent the weekend  celebrating birthdays :)

I also spent a little time working on an autumn floral arrangement that I will share in my next post. So I will leave you with a little close up of this card. And until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

 
 

No comments: