Monday, September 17, 2012

Pink and Shabby Welcome Card


I made this card as a sample for a potential customer who wanted some cards for a baby shower. This card measure 5x5 and the card base is Very Vanilla cardstock. The second layer as well as the scallop piece is a light pink parchment type cardstock and the third layer is designer paper from
K&Company. The butterfly is stamped in Versa Mark and embossed with white embossing powder. I found the key on the butterfly in the jewelry section at AC Moore. The flower is made from coffee filters that I sprayed with a couple of different color of Glimmer Mist and then cut out with a Spell Binders Scallop die cut. I added some green baker's twine the the button and glued it in the center of the flower. I stamped "welcome" on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock, punched it out with the curly punch, distressed it with ink and added the ribbon with a tiny green safety pin. I added the lacy ribbon and tucked the punched piece in behind the ribbon. The last thing I added was the little swirls above the flower, that is die cut from pink flower paper.




Today was definitely a Monday! I am worn out and ready for bed already, so I am going to say good night and I'll post again really soon. Until then,
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: