Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tea Cup Wall Sconce



My sister-in-law gave me a bunch of old wall sconces after they did not sell at a yard sale. I love the shape and details of this one, but it was a gold brassy color that was just really dated. I painted it with Annie Sloan Old White Chalk Paint, then applied dark wax and finished it off with clear wax.


 I knew I wanted to add a tea cup and saucer to it and I searched high and low and many thrift stores and yard sales, but could not find the perfect tea cup and saucer. I found this one online and love it so much that I bought six of them! The set of 6 cups and saucers was $24.00.



Pretty, isn't it? Well, let's make it prettier, shall we?


I used E6000 to glue the cup and saucer together and then to the candle cup part. I have another one to put together to make a pair! I have a cute idea in my head for the other four cups and saucers, so be on the lookout for that project!

That's it for me tonight. Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: