Friday, August 3, 2012

July Swaps



As I have mentioned in past posts, I am in a Facebook group of scrapbookers and we have monthly swaps. For July, we were to create something pertaining to our favorite holiday. Well, if you know me at all you know that Christmas is my all time favorite holiday ever!! I'm not much into Halloween and I love Easter, too, but nothing compares to Christmas. It is just such a magical time. So, I chose to create a Christmas ornament. The ornament is a bird that I cut out of chipboard that I painted and covered with designer paper that I embossed using the Swirls embossing folder. The flower is a medallion and I stamped and distressed the tag. I put it all together with hot glue. It just seems to hold things together better when using chipboard. They turned out cute, didn't they?! I think I will make several more to put on my Christmas packages and maybe a couple for myself :)

I am really excited because next week I am going to Asheville, NC for a couple of days. I haven't been to Asheville in a few years and can't wait to visit all the artsy places downtown. I love the city's crazy artsy vibe. I so wish I could move there and open my own studio. Ahhh to dream and dream big!!

I will be working on a few things this weekend before my trip, so be on the lookout for at least one more blogpost soon!
Until then....
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: