Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Hey, it's an explosion box!!!

Yep, you read that right. I made an explosion box. Take a look....

Front view of the explosion box.

A little hint to the "explosion" part :)
Get ready for it.... take the top off and....

The sides of the box fall (or explode, lol) and reveals a
pretty place to add  pictures and journaling.
Inside flaps. 
Close-up of lid.
The base of the box and lid are SU's Pool Party card stock and the designer paper is from K&Co Que Sera Sera paper pad. I did a lot of ink distressing on the edges. The top showcases one of the sewing pattern flowers that I've been making lately. The center of the flower is a big chunky button with the family tag attached to it. The family sentiment is from Make it Count (SU!) stamped in Chocolate Chip. Underneath the flower is a piece of the new Crumb Cake Scalloped Tulle Ribbon. I attached a pretty lacy ribbon around the edge of the lid.
I am doing a class on the Explosion Box for a crop in a couple of weeks and this will be my sample. This class is going to be fun to do. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with for theirs. I will take pics and share them with ya'll!!

Hope ya'll have a great week!! Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: