Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cardboard Flower


I made this card a while ago and forgot to share it with ya'll. I used the blue and orange color scheme again. I don't know why I am drawn to this color combo lately, I just am :) The card base is SU! Pool Party, then a layer of Only Orange. The next layer is four different papers from a paper pack (can't remember the name) that were stitched. The flower is a piece of cardboard cut with a flower die cut. I wet the cardboard on one side and peeled it away to reveal the corrugated part inside. After it was dry, I brushed on some white and turquoise paint, then distressed the edges with a Creamer Caramel ink pad. The center of the flower is a scallop die cut from another piece of designer paper from the paper pack. To finish it off, I added a blue button and attached the tag to it with twine. The tag sentiment is from Stampin' Up! There is a small butterfly in the bottom right hand corner. All the layers of papers were distressed with a Creamy Caramel ink pad.

Close-up of the flower and butterfly
I really love how the flower turned out and will definitely be making more. I really like the texture of it. That and the fact that it is virtually free!!
This past week, I was on vacation and Dan and I went to Asheville, NC for a couple of days. We had so much fun, but most of all, it was relaxing. When we go back, I worked in my art building for a couple of days. I moved some furniture around and moved a desk and hutch in, so that I would have a place to set up my printer. Now I have a place to store all my office supplies. I also made a bunch of different kind of flowers. I will share those with you soon. Tomorrow I head back to work, so I better get off the computer and get things ready.
Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: