Sunday, July 22, 2012

Take Me to the Ocean



I created this canvas for a weekly challenge with the Facebook scrapbook group I am in. This week's challenge was not easy. These were the rules:
1. THE USE OF NO CUTTING TOOLS!!! No scissors, no punches, no cricuts, no silhouettes, no blades, and no dies!!! (This includes actually cutting ribbon, lol!) Everything must be shaped by hand, or torn. Use your ingenuity to figure out new ways to accomplish the effects you want!
2. ITEMS FROM OUTSIDE!!! (grass, leaves, dirt, etc.)
3. STONES, GEMS, OR ROCKS
4. THE COLOR RED
Crazy, huh? For most of these challenges, I have made cards, but for this one, I had no clue what to do. But, I remembered that I still had not done anything with the few sea shells that Dakota and I got from Hilton Head Island back in March. I also used some store bought shells and sea glass that I had left over from Amber's wedding. The canvas was first painted with blues, greens and yellows and then I added layers of torn tissue paper that I stamped on using the Stampin' Up Canvas background stamp. The sun in the upper left hand corner was first painted and then added stickles to it. I also added Icicle Stickles to the letters to the letters and all around the shells. The letters were free hand written using a brown marker.


This is a close up of the sea shells. See how sparkly the  stickles made them. Looks like they are sitting on the beach in the sun! Dakota loves the beach and always wants to go out further than I am comfortable with. If I can't see the bottom, I don't wanna go in, lol. I am more of a mountains kinda girl, but when we are near the ocean, I have to go and dip my toes in and just look out at the awesome sight that God made. I have many fond childhood memories of the beach, except that I always got sunburned. Not so much fun!
Well, that's a wrap for today. Hope you all have a wonderful Monday and hopefully I will be back doon to share some cards that I have been working on.
Until next time....
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: