Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Sing a Summer Song Canvas


Yes, another canvas creation!! LOL I think I am addicted to making these! This is a small canvas, I think it is 8x10. I have been looking for different ideas on Pinterest and am loving all the awesome things people are creating. I get a lot of inspiration from Pinterest. I lose track of time on Pinterest, lol. I think that one thing that makes my canvases a little different is how I add the texture in the very beginning of creating one. First I apply Gesso, which is a normal step, and also apply some paint based on my color scheme. When it is dry, I add coffee filters that I have crumpled up and slightly smoothed out and then Mod Podge them all over the canvas, leaving the wrinkles and slight folds. Sometimes, I add a little more paint when the coffee filter layer is dry. Usually I rub an ink pad on the edges and over the wrinkles, too. For this canvas, I also stamped different images on tissue paper and applied it as well. The little house is a rectangle cut from a piece of designer paper and run through an embossing folder. The roof is a piece of designer paper cut out with a die cut. The little door is a piece of paper punched out using a tag punch and then added a little metal key that I dabbed with white paint. The windows are little heart die cuts. The little flowers along the bottom of the roof is a ribbon piece. The flowers are die cut and layered and the centers are bottle caps that I painted, added the buttons and applied stickles all over. The birdbath is just paper pieced together from different punched pieces, added Crystal Effects and stickles. The bird is stamped, cut out and Mod Podged to the canvas. The words are old Scrabble type wooden letters. Here are a couple close up pictures of some of the elements.




 If you have any questions about any of the items I used on this canvas, ask away!! I love sharing ideas and techniques. It is one of the best things about crafting :)

Well that's all from me tonight. It's back to the old grind tomorrow.
Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

Linking up here.....



No comments: