Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Red, White and Blue Swaps

I meant to post these last week, but time got away from me! These are two embellishments that I created for a monthly swap I am in. Our theme was Red, White and Blue and we were to create 2 embellishments per person. There were 14 people in the swap, so it was a little challenging for me. I am the type of crafter that usually does one creation that takes a long time to make.

These are flowers die cut using the Spellbinders Scallop die cut. The papers are from K&Company Military Marines Paper pack. I hot glued each layer together and tucked in a little tulle in each layer.

This is an embellishment that can be used as a bookmark or on a scrapbook page. The stars are Papertrey ink die cuts from some of the same paper as the flowers, but the red gingham is from Papertrey Ink. The button pieces are a Sizzix die cut. Each star is stitched on with my sewing machine.
These were created for a fabulous Facebook group called Scrapbook Friends & More that I am a member of. This is an awesome group of ladies (and some gents!) We hold local crops, monthly swaps, weekly challenges and give-aways. We have grown really fast in the last couple of months, but welcome more! So, if you scrapbook, make cards or any craft really, come join our awesome group!! We love learning new crafts and techniques and love to share ideas, too!
I am currently working on this month's swap. We are to create something that depicts our favorite holiday. Since Christmas is my favorite of all holidays, I am making Christmas ornaments. I am not a big fan of Halloween, but with my luck, I will get all Halloween things back, lol.

That's all from me tonight! Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: