Sunday, July 29, 2012

I L-O-V-E Mason Jars!!!


I fell in love with Papertrey Ink's mason jar stamps and die cuts the instant I saw them. There is just something about a mason jar that takes me back to my childhood. Maybe it's the memory of both my Grandmother and my Dad canning fresh garden vegetables in them. The nostalgia of going out to the old shed behind my grandparents house to get the boxes of jars out so we could wash and sterilize them for canning. I can smell that old shed just thinking about it. Not that the shed smelled good, in fact it was quite dusty and musty smelling, but it reminds me of my grandparents and such a simple time of being a child growing up in the "country". To me, I had the best childhood ever! Even though we were forced to play outside all summer long, we learned to entertain ourselves with very little. We didn't have video games or computers, we had a barn full of hay bales, butterflies to chase, sprinklers to run in. We had the world to explore!!
This card is made of layers of different scrapbook papers that I distressed with a distressing tool and ink and stitched them together. The mason jar on the left was stamped with Versamark on a piece of kraft paper and embossed with white embossing powder. I glued a piece of a lace doily on it as well. The mason jar on the left was stamped on blue card stock and added Glassy Glaze to make it look like real glass. I added a piece of burlap and rick rack to the center and wrapped a piece of twine with a button to the "lip" of the jar.


 Here is a close-up of the little gingham flower and part of the mason jar. On the bottom, I stitched a piece of ribbon in a hap-hazard kinda way and then added buttons on twine.


This card makes me want to learn how to make some jam or jelly! I recently bought some really old Mason jars at a flea market, but I don't think I should use them to can anything in. I think I will just use those to store cute things in and maybe I will go and buy some new ones and figure out how to make that jelly!! I can't wait to make another card using these stamps and die cuts. I have a really cute idea in mind.
I gotta get off this computer and get a shower and go to bed. It's going to be a long week! Hope you all have a great Monday and I will see ya'll again very soon!
Until then, Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!


 
Linking up here:



No comments: