Last week, I shared a sneak peak of some embellishments that I was going to use on a canvas. I was asked to do a class on how I create my canvases and I made several things ahead of time. This is the canvas that I worked on for that class. I did not complete it during the class, because as I was putting it all together, I found that I did not like certain elements that I had originally made for it. I had made the letters blue, but they did not stand out very well against the blue background. So, I changed the letters to red and what a difference it made! Since the picture has red in it, I pulled that color out for part of the frame and then the letters and I really like how it all works together. The flower(s) that I had originally made had just a hint of red, but it was more of an orange red, so I decided to make a different flower. I made this flower a little bigger so that I wouldn't need a second flower.
This is a close up of the butterflies. I added a piece of twine and looped it to form the resemblence of the butterfly flight trail. Then I added some stickles to make it shimmery.
I have also been working on another canvas that I finally finished today. I will post it a little later, so until then....
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!