Friday, July 27, 2012

A Different Kind of Flower


I really have no idea how this card started, but the end results are pretty, if I do say so myself! All of the papers are SU! Attic Boutique designer paper. The flower is made from a strip of drop cloth canvas that I just whip stitched and gathered and then I added a small piece of scalloped lace and some white beads to the center. I tucked at piece of pink tulle behind the flower. There is stitching around the edges of the card and the ribbon is also stitched onto the card. The butterfly was stamped with Versa Mark and embossed with white embossing powder.


This is a close-up of the flower. I saw a similar flower in a store and they were selling it for $4.00.
I knew that I could make many of them for that price! The piece of lace is part of a crocheted doily. I look for these at yard sales and thrift stores and never pay more than $1.00 for one. They go a long way when using them for little touches like this. This card is going up in my Etsy store. There is a link to my Etsy store on the side bar. Come check out my store!

Well, that is all for me tonight! Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!

No comments: