Thursday, June 21, 2012

Wine Cork Tray

I have been saving wine corks for a long time just in the hopes of having enough to make this tray. Granted I don't drink much wine, but I love wine corks and bottles. I have gotten the corks from my boss and some restaurants as well. One restaurant gave me a whole bag full when I asked if they had a few I could have.


I made this tray to use as a trivet but also to be a decorative piece. It took me forever to design the layout of the corks, but I think it turned out pretty good. The tray came from the naked wood section at AC Moore. I painted it with Annie Sloan White Chalk Paint and then applied dark wax to it. The wax makes it look aged, just the look I wanted. It works so well with the color in the corks, too. I think I might add some little rubber feet to the bottom to prevent scratching it. I did buy some cute little decorative feet from Tim Holtz, but I was kind of saving those for a cigar box that I am repurposing.

close up to show the distressed edges of the tray :)

I have been busy making some embellishments for a swap I am doing with a very special group of ladies. I will post those as soon as the swap is over. I also finally finished my big work table!!! It looks so great and I can't wait to show it to you, but I have to do a little cleaning of the art house before I take pics of it.

Well, that's all for me tonight. Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!
















Linking up here....



No comments: