Thursday, June 7, 2012

Canvas for Baby Jack



One of my co-workers is having a baby boy in July and we had a surprise baby shower for her this week. I wanted to make something for the nursery and decided on a canvas with his name. I started with a  14x11 inch canvas and painted it blue. The cars, trucks, plane and rocket were cut from a piece of scrapbook paper. The letters for the name were cut out with my Cricut and the banner pieces were cut out using a Papertrey Ink die cut. The ribbon and buttons are from Stampin' Up! I used my homemade "Mod Podge" to glue everything down (except I used hot glue for the buttons) and to seal the whole piece. I am always concerned if the people I make these kinds of gifts for will like them or not, but she loved it and so did everyone else at the party. I even had another girl at work ask for me to make one for her son's room! She wants it to have dinasaurs on it so that one will be a lot of fun to create, too!

Close up of banner with J and A

Close up of rocket above the name banner



That's it for me today. Hope you all have a great Friday!!
Until next time..
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!


Linking up to these awesome parties.....



No comments: