Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sweet Friend Card

Hello again! It seems like this week has been dragging along so slowly, but we are now on the edge of the weekend!! I have been trying to get in gear working on things in the craft building. Made a few cards, painted a couple of candle sconces, started on a present for Mom for Mother's Day and oh yea, rearranged the whole craft building again! lol Seems like I just can't get it exactly how I pictured it in my head. I think I finally have all the big pieces where they will stay. Now to just finish organizing and labeling everything so I can find stuff.

I was looking at Melissa Phillip's blog again the other day and she had this card posted. Is it not darling? I love the layout, so I cased it. I just can't help myself, lol.


 I think I have an addiction to adding flowers to all my cards. They just seem like a natural choice for a focal point to me. I am also addicted to lots of layers. I guess I just don't like simple, flat cards.
The more layers and elements, the better! That's why I love Melissa's style. Her cards have so many details. She puts things together that I would have never thought of.

Close up of the flower and butterfly

see all those layers? love :)

Here's a list of stuff I used on this card:
Paper: K&Co Wild Raspberry Paper Pack, SU! card stock
Ink: SU! Creamy Caramel, Real Red
Stamps: SU! Great Friend
Accessories: SU! punch, Spell Binders scallop die cut, ribbon, button, pink pearl strand, sewing machine

Well that's all for me tonight. Until next time....
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!

~Lorrie

Linking up to these.....




4 comments:

Jennelise said...

How beautiful! I love the colors!
Jennelise

Rose Jesky said...

Thanks for coming and sharing this with us at The Sunday Round Up.
Rose

Heather Kaluf said...

So pretty!
Thanks for sharing at our Sunday Round Up! Can't wait to see what you have for us next weekend. Have a GREAT week!
xoxo
Heather

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Very pretty! Thanks for linking to the Open House party.