Sunday, May 20, 2012

Graduation Time!!

Yes, it is that time of year again and we know a lot of kids that are graduating this year. That's what happens when you have a large family :) My Mom asked for me to make her cards to send out so these are the "girl" cards. They are the same layout, just different papers. Of course they have flowers on them, lol. I am on a big flower kick lately. These also have butterflies on them :). The sentiment at the bottom says, "Spread your wings and fly", so the butterflies seemed appropriate. Another thing about my cards lately is that they are not simple. I can't seem to do a simple card anymore. They have to have lots of layers, dimension and texture. I don't like perfect either. I love shabby and distressed. I think these cards fit all those discriptions.

this is card #1

card #1 closeup of butterflies

card #1 close up of flower

card #2

card #2 closeup of flower

card #2 closeup of butterflies

card #3

card #3 closeup of flower

card #3 closeup of butterflies

They are pretty much the same exact card, just a few different elements for each.  The background papers are each different, but all papers come from the same K&Co paper pack called Wild Raspberry. I have used this paper a lot lately. It is just so pretty and fun!! I still have to make "boy" graduation cards. I struggle to make masculine cards for some reason. I think I may create those in My Digital Studio. I have an idea in my head that I think will work. We'll see.

That's all for me tonight. Hope you have a great week!!
Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!
~Lorrie

Linking to these awesome parties....



No comments: