Saturday, April 14, 2012

Ruffle Bag


I made this a few weeks ago and forgot to post it. Well, I forgot to take pictures of it to write a post about it. Everytime I thought about it, another thought got in the way, lol. Does that happen to you? I hope I'm not the only one who gets sidetracked. I am also a procrastinator, but that's a whole other story! So anyway, I had this idea swirling around in my head for a while. I even had the little canvas bag (purchased at Walmart) just sitting and waiting patiently to be transformed for a while. I needed the "right" material to make it cute. When we were on vacation in Gatlinburg, TN, I went to Joanne's Fabrics to waste some time while the guys were go-cart riding. I looked and looked at probably every bolt of fabric in the place. I finally picked out several different ones that I knew would coordinate well together. I have never sewn a lot, so I know that I probably did not do it like other sewers would do it, but I think it's cute. I pinned all the ruffles and sewed it directly to the bag. I started with the bottom ruffle and worked my way to the top. The top ruffle fabric is my favorite as I love pink flamingoes. I have had that piece of fabric for a couple of years, waiting on the right project. I think it's perfect for this bag. I wanted a bag that I could take to yard sales or flea markets or to throw some magazines in it for a trip. It came in handy when we went to Hilton Head for Dakota's Special Olympics Tennis Tournament trip. It holds a lot of stuff! My laptop fits, but is a little too heavy for it. I thought about changing the straps on it, but they were sewn on really well! I may add some longer straps to maybe use as a messenger type bag, but for now, it works just fine the way it is.

I am still working on the work table in my craft building. Like I said earlier, I am a bit of a procrastinator. I tell my self that I will work on it after work but that never seems to happen. So it's been a weekend project that is lasting more weekends that it should. This weekend will be the last, except for adding the coats of poly. Then I can share the complete project with you! I will be so happy when the craft building is all organized and pretty! Then I can work on making things that the craftt building was built for, lol!

Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!
~Lorrie

Linking up here....



4 comments:

Kerry said...

Adorable! Such a cute was to fancy up a canvas tote!

lorrietori said...

thanks Kerry!

melissa @ daisymaebelle.com said...

Cute bag! I just linked up one that was very similar at the Flamingo Toes party! It made a cute birthday gift!

Rose Jesky said...

It is so cute. Thanks for sharing this with us at The Sunday Round Up.
Rose
@ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/