Sunday, April 29, 2012

My First ASCP Piece!!

If you don't already know, ASCP is Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. This paint is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! I have been reading a lot about it on other blogs and finally took to plunge and bought some. Then it sat on a shelf, because I was too chicken to try it. Not sure why I do that. I guess I was waiting on the right thing to try it on. I wanted to work on something small and this morning I found it. I forgot that I had a basket full of candle sconces and this one little shelf. I also started painting one set of sconces but am not finished with them yet. This is what the shelf looked like before.


Kinda ugly, huh? Well, I don't think so anymore. It's not necessarily my style, but I like how it turned out.


I painted it with the ASCP Antique White and then applied the ASCP dark wax. The wax really gives it depth and makes it so pretty. It is a little darker than what I thought it would be. After the dark wax was applied, I added some of the clear wax. Here is a closeup of the top.



Here is a picture of the shelf with a little staging done. The figurine was my grandmother's. It looks at home on the shelf, so maybe it really is my style after all.


Another project that I started on today is a little tray. It is almost finished and I will share as soon as it is done. Until next time....

Hugs and Happy Craftin'!
~Lorrie

Linking up to these awesome parties....







1 comment:

Heather Kaluf said...

Thanks for sharing at our Sunday Round Up.
xoxo
Heather - New Follower
www.HeatherlyLoves.com