Sunday, April 22, 2012

Happy Wreath

Good morning!! I have been quite busy in the craft building this week. I finally got all the paint chips glued down on the work table and will be adding layers and layers of poly later today. Can't wait for that project to be complete!! Earlier this week I made this wreath. It is hanging on my craft building door. It's so bright and cheerful. And happy because it says so, lol.


I picked the happiest, colorful flowers I could find (they were 1/2 off at AC Moore!!) I love the blue daisies, especially. I made the "happy" banner out of some leftover drop cloth canvas. I cut the canvas with a banner die cut, stamped the letters and then sewed each piece onto the red gingham ribbon. The bow is made from white mesh ribbon and strips of blue fabric gathered together and attached to the center of the white bow to add a little color. Here's a closeup of the banner.



 I have also been working on a canvas piece that I am so excited about. Amber (my oldest daughter, you know the one that gave me my beautiful granddaughter!) asked me to create something for a secret sister swap she is in. She said the girl likes coffee and the colors turqoise and coral. Wait until you see what I came up with!!! It is so darn cute that I might have to make one for me!

Well, off the finish that table!! Until next time...

Hugs and Happy Craftin'!
~Lorrie

Linking up here....





3 comments:

Rose Jesky said...

Hay I love this it is so cute. I would love to have you come and share at my Sunday Round Up Party @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/2012/04/sunday-round-up-6.html
I'm now following on GFC.
Hope you come and share.
Rose

lorrietori said...

thanks Rose!! I visited your blog and it is awesome!!

Rose Jesky said...

Thanks for sharing this great idea with us at The Sunday Round Up.
Rose
@ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/