Monday, April 23, 2012

Coffee Sign on Canvas

This is the canvas I created for Amber to give in her secret sister swap. She said that the girl likes coffee and the colors turqoise and coral. We decided on a canvas since that's my latest craze, lol. I can't help it, they are so much fun to do!!


 I used this as my inspiration



I started with a 12 x 15 canvas that I painted the top a cream color and the bottom turqoise. I Mod Podged scrunched up coffee filters all over the canvas, but it toned down the turquoise paint color too much. So, I added some more turquoise paint over the top. I rubbed a cream colored ink pad all over the canvas to add some dimension. Ahhh, much better!!! I cut the "coffee" letters and the coffee cup out with my Cricut (lovin' that thing!!) The coffee cup was actually supposed to be a watering can, but I cut away some pieces to make it look like a coffee cup. I added a "B" to the coffee cup to personalize it (her last name starts with a B). For the coffee pot, I found a Google image and traced it directly off my computer screen. Then I transferred that image to my piece of scrapbook paper. The paper I used wasn't quite as coral colored as I wanted, so I added some coral paint to it. That also helped to make it a little more sturdy to glue it to the canvas. I stamped a flower motif to the coffee pot to pretty it up some. Before I glued the cup and pot down, I painted a darker blue line to represent the shadow (just like in the inspiration piece). I so love this canvas! I may just have to make myself one!! I am even thinking of making some and posting in my Etsy shop. I haven't put anything in my Etsy shop in so long, it probably doesn't know who I am anymore, lol.

Well, that's all for me today! Hope ya'll have a great week ahead!!
Until next time....
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!
~Lorrie

Linking up here....