Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring Wreath



I made this for my sweet sister-in-law Lisa for her birthday. I gave her a choice of what she wanted for me to make, paper, cloth or floral and she chose floral. From that direction, I thought a wreath would be perfect. I went to Hobby Lobby to get some inspiration and they had so many new things to choose from. Love Hobby Lobby! How can you ever go wrong in craft choices there? I chose the sunflowers because they are so happy looking. So that was my starting point. I wandered around holding them up to other flowers and the purple flowers really went well with the sunflowers. Then I found the little white flowers, too. I thought I was just about finished, until I spotted the spiral, swirly flowers. Oh my gracious, they are so cute in person!! Looking around for something awesome for the bow and found the mesh ribbon in the wedding section. I already had a plan in my head to use burlap because that has become my new favorite element in wreath bows lately. It just adds a shabby feel. I am really pleased with how everything came togother and she really liked it, too! I was dumb and forgot to take a picture, but luckily she took one and posted it on Facebook. Thanks Lisa!! So these pics are swiped from Facebook and I edited a little on Picnik to add my frame and logo.

Closeup - see the swirly flower on the left. Love those!!
Well, that's it for me today. I am in the process of covering a hollow core door that I am using for a large island work table in my craft building. Wait until you see what I am covering it with! You won't believe it! If you know me, you know it is not "conventional", lol. I know I am not "normal" and I'm fine with that! I like quirky and different.
Until next time....
Hugs and Happy Craftin'! ~Lorrie

Linked to......

No comments: