Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sneak Peak

I mentioned that I was doing a different technique for the big work table in the center of my craft building. I have seen a lot of craft projects on other blogs and Pinterest using paint chip cards. So many interesting things people are doing with these thing! Besides that, they are FREE!! I went to Lowe's and non-chalantly picked out about 100 different cards. I felt like I was stealing, lol. I wonder how many people take that many at one time, especially for craft projects. Hopefully the stores don't catch on because I would hate for them to start charging for them.


I was initially going to just lay them all out in a pattern, but I didn't like how it looked, especially with the ones shown above. I played around with several different ways, but nothing worked. So then I got the idea of a mosaic pattern. I used a square punch to cut out all the colors, then I started gluing them onto my table (which is actually a door that I bought at Lowe's for $21.00).




big ol' pile of color squares!
If you know me, you know I love color and this table has some color on it! Like every color you can think of. I have found myself lately drawn to pictures of romantic, white rooms and while I find them very inviting, there is no way with a 12 year old boy, I would ever have a romantic, white room in my house! So I tend to decorate with lots of color, maybe to diverge the eyes from the dirt he brings in the house, lol. I especially have a lot of color going on in my craft building, so this table will feel right at home :)


I am not finished gluing squares down yet, actually it's only about half finished. I ran out of color cards and haven't made it back to Lowe's yet. I hope to get there tomorrow so that I can get this project finished. I am debating on what to seal it with after I am done with the squares. I have a lot of polyurethane left over from sealing the floors, but then I thought about an acrylic product that I have used in the past. The only problem with that is it will cost about $75.00. Not sure I want to spend that kind of moolah. Although, so far I only have $21.00 in it. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

I took several pics of projects that I have finished around the building and will share those later this week. And of course, as soon as the table is done, I will share that, too.

That's all from me for now. Until next time....

Hugs and Happy Craftin'!
~Lorrie

Linked up here....

No comments: