Saturday, March 31, 2012

Slowly but surely,,,,,

Yep, I am slowly but surely getting things done in the craft building. I have had the plan to cover my chairs and make curtains and, oh the list goes on and on. I showed you some sneak peak pictures of my big craft table last week, but it is not done yet. I wasn't able to get by Lowe's earlier in the week to pick up some more paint chips but finally got some yesterday. I will be working on it today so hopefully all the squares will be glued down and I can start applying the layers and layers of polyurethane. In the mean time, here are a few picts of other projects that I have completed.

this is my drafting chair. I have had this chair
for years. It was originally covered with a taupe
colored fiber material, but had some paint stains
that I could not get off. Besides, the colorful
flower print is so much prettier than taupe!

I made the curtains for both windows from two runners that
I bought at a yardsale for $1.00 each. I cut them in half and
sewed a rod pocket on each piece. I used spring tension 
rods to hang them on the inside of the window frame.
They are still a little wrinkled, but I ironed them
like three times and they still look like this.


this is a hanging lamp that I purchased at a
church bazaar for $2.00. It is from the 70's and had
the ugliest, dirty shade on it. I took it completely apart
and then could not decide on how to decorate it.
Then I saw a ribbon shade and knew that is what
I wanted to do. I hot glued all the strips of ribbon
to the top ring of the lamp shade base and also added
beads to the lamp pull. I sewed a sleeve out of
different fabrics to cover the chain and cord.
This hangs over the large work table in the center
of the room. I realy like how it turned out and
it adds extra light to the room.

 I use this chair as my sewing chair. It is one of those
black computer chairs and it had a few holes in it.
I have had this striped fabric for a while. I was going
to use it to make curtains, but I really like it on this chair.
I could not get the back or the arms off of the chair so I
made slip covers instead. I did not use a pattern,
I just sort of made it up as I went along.

So those are a few things that I have been working on to get the craft building all fixed up. I still have a lot of organizing to do. And of course, I have that table to finish, so I better go work on that now!
Until next time....

Hugs and Happy Craftin'!
~Lorrie

Linked up here...




 

3 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Looking good love the chairs and that curtain is so darn cute! Don’t forget to enter my current “coastal” giveaway…it’s a beauty!!

Blessings,
Linda

Spittin-Toad said...

I love the chair...I've been wanting to recover my office chair but have'nt gotten around to it yet...You inspire me. :) As for the curtains...they are just plain darling!!
Denise

Thoroughly Modern Me said...

I love those linen curtains. I usually make my vintage linens into pillows, but should try a curtain next time.