Sunday, March 4, 2012

Oh, oh, oh, it's MAGIC

pink and girlie tiara

I am always thinking about things that I can make for Mariah to use as photo props, so when I ran across a pattern for a Magic Wand and Tiara, I had to buy it. I have tweaked it a little to make the star for the wand a little bigger, though. I cut two pieces of fabric and stitched them together with 1 piece of Pella Ultra Firm Stabilizer between the fabric. Then came the fun part! Adding all the trim, flowers and bling :) yeah, girlie stuff. The tiaras have ribbon attached to the ends to make them adjustable. For the magic wands, I used a small dowel and covered each in matching ribbon. I love how they turned out and so does Mariah, which makes me super happy! I can't wait to see how they turn out in her photo shoots.  I know they will look much better in hers than mine, lol. She is the one with the professional camera. I hope that the first "model" for the pink tiara will be my sweet granddaughter, Elizabeth. Mariah is doing her Easter pics next week. I made her a tutu and it will look so cute with the tiara. She is our little princess!


pink and girlie magic wand

silver and white tiara

silver and white magic wand

I had so much fun making these. I have many more ideas swirling around in my head for other variations. I am thinking about offering them in my Etsy shop. It has been forever since I listed anything on Etsy. I have a ton of fabric flowers to list, too. Just need to stop procrastinating. I am a little intimidated by selling online. I haven't had the best experience, but just need to jump right in I guess. Well, that's all from me for now. Until next time.....

Hugs and Happy Craftin'!
~Lorrie

Linking up here......


No comments: