Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Another Canvas of Elizabeth



My sweet Granddaughter Elizabeth is 6 1/2 months old now. It seems like yesterday we were waiting on her arrival. Grandbabies are proof that love can grow and grow. I never knew I had so much love in my heart. I love my children and never thought that I could love someone more than that, until she came along! My Mom used to always say the same thing and I never understood what she meant until now. And now she says the same thing about Elizabeth. My Mom's birthday was this past Monday and although we had already celebrated and given her gifts the week before, I knew I wanted to make something extra. She loved the canvas that I made a couple of months ago, so I made her one.



This canvas is 11 x 14. I painted the canvas with pink paint. After the paint was dry, I Mod Podged tissue paper, let dry and then swiped a light brown ink pad all over to give it an aged look. The picture is double mounted, first on Very Vanilla cardstock and then on a piece of designer paper from a K&Company paper stack (all of the designer papers used are from this same paper stack). The words were cut out with my Cricut. The piece at the bottom is another piece of designer paper from the same paper stack. I folded it back and forth and sewed it down the center. The flower is 6 pieces cut out with a scallop die cut and layered on top of each other. The center of the flower is a brad from K&Company  that I purchased at Tuesday Morning for a little bit of nothing. Tuesday Morning has an itty bitty little t-niny scrapbooking section, but so worth looking through! The flower is mounted on a "doily" that is a Stampin' Up! die cut.

close up of the flower

flower side view to show layers

Mom really likes it and now I have to make at least two more Elizabeth canvases because Amber (Elizabeth's sweet Mommy and my oldest daughter) and Mariah (my youngest daughter) both want one :) Guess I know what I'll be doing the next couple of weekends, lol.

I have been really busy the last couple weeks, but not with very creative things. Dakota was in a Special Olympics tennis tournament last week in Hilton Head. He got silver in his category! We had the best time, just the two of us. We got to walk on the beach and found lots of cool shells. Neither one of us wanted to come home!

Well that's it for me today! Until next time,
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!
~Lorrie

No comments: