Monday, January 30, 2012

Repurposing and Making Things Cute

I have always loved little jars and bottles. I think that love started when I was a little girl. My Grandmother stored buttons in a little pimento jar tucked inside of her sewing box. Nothing fancy,
just a little jar with buttons in it. I had a couple of pimento jars from making homemade pimento cheese and so I washed them up and put buttons in them. I wanted to do something to the lids like maybe paint them some happy colors, but then I started seeing little pin cushions on Pinterest and other awesome blogs. So of course I wanted to do that! Isn't it cute?



The rosey fabric is from Stampin' Up! I don't remember where I got the ribbon or lace. I cut the fabric out with a scalloped die cut a little bigger than the lid and hot glued 3/4 around and stuffed it with polyfill and finished hot gluing it closed. Then I glued the lace and then the ribbon. TaDa! Total cuteness!! Here's a better view of the top.



I keep it next to my sewing machine and when I look at it, I can't help but think about Grandmomma and it makes me smile.

That's all I have for today. Until next time....

Hugs and Happy Craftin'!
~Lorrie

Linking up to these fabulous parties....

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Thank you for posting an idea on how to use pimento jars. I've been searching all over for ideas. I think they are so cute, and should be re-purposed for something special.