Saturday, December 3, 2011

Slight Addiction


Yeah, I think I am addicted to making Christmas ornaments! Funny, concidering I haven't even taken the Christmas decoration boxes out of storage yet. Everyone is way ahead of me on their decorating. I am such a procrastinator when it comes to changing out things for the seasons. Who am I kidding, I am just a procrastinator. Like with these ornaments that I have been posting here lately. I got so much inspiration last year from so many other blogs and put off creating my own until it seemed pointless to make them at all. I mean, who makes Christmas ornaments after Christmas? Oh, probably a lot of people, but not me. By January, I am ready for Spring to be here already! But, I digress. This is another angel ornament similar to the one a few posts back. The angel is from Crafty Secrets Heavenly Christmas heartwarming vintage sticker sheet. I mounted her on a Tattered Angels framed font frame that I painted pink, added irredescent embossing powder and rubbed a brown ink pad on the edges. I don't think that they make these frames anymore because I couldn't find it on their website. I wish I had ordered more of them because I have used the heck out of them. I mounted the frame on a coaster that has two layers of patterned paper from The French Country paper stack by DCWV. I added the lace behind it and mounted that on a square coaster that has another layer of paper from the same paper stack. For the hanger I just glued a strand of pearl beads and I also added some decorative beads to the bottom. This ornament is about 10 inches long from the top of the hanger to the bottom of the beads. It is also very pink and shimmery! Who doesn't like pink and shimmery? Here is a close up.


I have also been working on some Christmas decor that I will share in the next day or so. I am not quite finished with them yet. There are also some other ideas swirling around in my head. I have so many projects that I have started and not finished yet, too. Maybe one day I will get my rear in gear and get it all done!

Well, that's it for me today. Until next time.....
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!
~Lorrie


Linking up to.....



1 comment:

Jenny's Heart said...

How sweet, pink and sparkly, just lovely and very festive.
Merry Christmas!