Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas is only 7 days away!!!


Did the Christmas season sneak up on ya'll like it has me? I can't believe that we only have a week to go!! At least I did get my tree up and finished all the decorating, but the buying and wrapping of gifts is not yet done. Today I spent touching up some of the decorations and just tidying up a bit. Snapped some pics of the decorations, too, so I thought I would share them with ya'll. So sit back and enjoy!!!'

I found the glittered JOY, along with some other words a couple of years ago for $1 each

Star on top of the tree with a fancy bow and swirly sticks


Some of the ornaments on my tree :)

This is my mantle. I have collected Santas forever it seams.
Some of these are old, some are new. My friend Katie made the wreath last year.

the little white elf/fairie is new, the Santa is old.


close-up of the wreath that Katie made. she is so talented!!

I hang the stockings on this old door because
we have a big ol' tv hanging below the mantel
(the fireplace hasn't worked for 20 years) I would love
to build a cabinet for the tv so I could at least
put candles in the fireplace. Maybe one of these days
Our Christmas tree.


I have had this desk and hutch since I was a little girl.
Just a hodge podge of things I have collected over the years


 

I just purchased the little ceramic ice skates this week.
I've been collecting Coca-Cola stuff for years and
love the crates that I found many years ago.

My Grandmother Harmon made this
musical snowman for me in 1973.
I treasure it so!!!

The True Meaning of CHRISTMAS!!
My Mom gave this manger scene to me several years ago.
The poor angel lost part of it's wing when I was putting
it away one year. Now I keep this in the bottom of my
curio cabinet all year instead of
packing it up and storing it.  


I don't think that I will have much to post between now and Christmas, so I will wish ya'll a very Merry and Blessed Christmas now!! I hope you all are able to spend time with family and friends and just enjoy this special time of year. I know that I have been so blessed this year and pray for many more blessings in 2012!!

Until next time...
Hugs and Happy Everything!! 
~Lorrie

Linking up to...



No comments: