Saturday, November 5, 2011

Owl Frame

There I go again going weeks without posting anything! I have been such a bad blogger and I apologize again for being such a slacker. I've been busy working in the craft building trying to get things organized, which is so hard to do when you have more stuff than you know what to do with. I have no clue how all of the stuff I have in there ever fit into my house! I guess because I didn't have everything in one place or room, it did not seem like it was as much as it is having it all in one space. Trying to come up with some creative storage ideas has also been some of the things that have been keeping me busy. This frame is one of the things that has been on my list to complete. Today, I finally just jumped right in and got it done!! I think it turned out cute! You like?

This is the beginning stage of putting the frame together. I cut a piece of foam board down to the size of the frame opening and then covered it with a piece of an old baby blanket for added cushion. Then I wrapped my fabric around that and taped it in place. The ribbon is from Stampin' Up! It took me forever it seems to get it the way I wanted. After I got the ribbon in place, I stapled the cross sections and then hot glued buttons to make it pretty. I like that little touch.
Close up of the owl fabric. I purchased it at Hobby Lobby for $3.95 a yard. Love it!!
Finished Frame!! Isn't it cute?!
Next on my list of things to make is storage for all of my punches made from rain gutters. Yes, you read that right, rain gutters. I've seen these shelves made from gutters for a while now. I've almost got them completed and will show you that as soon as I get the right size end caps for them. The craft building is slowly but surely coming along. I know I've been talking about it forever, but it's a work in progress. I'll get something completed and then not like how I have things arranged and have to move stuff around again. One of these days, it will be all organized and cleaned up and I will do a photo spread of the entire space for you to see! That's all for me tonight! Until next time.....

Hugs and Happy Stampin'!

~Lorrie