Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sweet little things from my past.......


This little stool was my Grandmother Culbreth's and I remember sitting on it at her house in St. Augustine, Florida when I was a little girl. I loved it so much because it was the perfect size for a little person to sit on. Well, of course I grew up and it isn't the right size for me to sit on anymore, but it will be for my Grandbaby Elizabeth to sit on when she comes for visits when she is older (only a little over a week and she will be born, can't wait to start spoiling her rotten!!!) The only problem is that the fabric that I covered it with a looong time ago was icky and sticky from spills over the last few years. I have had some oil cloth that I ordered online for several months and decided to use it to recover the seat. I love how it turned out!! Now if something gets spilled on it, it is easily washable. Not only that, it is so much cuter than that blah green fabric. I was going to spray paint the base, but I haven't gotten up the nerve yet. I kinda like the original black color. What would you do? If you were to paint it, what color would you choose? I might get up the nerve to paint it eventually, but for now it will stay like this. 


Well, that's all for today. Next time, I will share another card that I made last week.



Until then.....
Hugs and Happy Craftin'!!
~Lorrie

No comments: