Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Collaged Initial

 I bought this "L" at Hobby Lobby about a year ago and it sat in my pile of alterables until I got the craft building set up and semi-organized. It is made out of layers of chipboard but is very sturdy and it is about ten inches tall, so it's a good size. I painted the whole thing white and then Mod Podged a blue check designer paper and stamped it with French Script background stamp in Chocolate Chip. I then cut out and Mod Podged a swirl from a scrap of designer paper along with the flowers. The butterfly was die cut from a piece of cardboard that I peeled the top layer off of to reveal the corrugated part and swiped distress ink and dry brushed on some white paint. I then added a a button with 2 bling brads to the butterfly. I tied a blue organza bow and heated with the heat gun to wrinkle it.
I really like how it turned out! I bought an "M" for Mariah and an "A" for Amber so I need to work on those, too. Hopefully before another year goes by, lol.

That's all for me today! Hope you have a great Wednesday. Tomorrow is actually Friday for me because we are headed to Florida for a long weekend to visit family! So need the time away!! Until next time.......

Hugs and Happy Stampin'!
~Lorrie

ETA:  linking up to Think Pink Sunday   and   Savvy Homemade Monday  blog parties!!!! You have to check out both of these girl's blogs! They are AWESOME!!!!


Home Savvy

1 comment:

Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com said...

Thank you so much for linking up at Savvy HomeMade Monday. I hope you will party again tomorrow!