Sunday, July 31, 2011

LOVE Banner






I made this LOVE Banner for my daughter, Mariah to use in her photo shoots. I saw some pics on Pinterest of a couple holding a similar banner and had to make one. Mariah has some photography jobs coming up and I can't wait to see how they turn out using this banner.
I used the 4x4 inch coasters as the base for each panel and covered them in designer paper, alternating between a blue pin-stripe and a green polka dot. There are also layers of floral designer paper cut in a circle and then a chipboard letter that I painted and rubbed glitter glue on them. The letters are actually the voided space of the chipboard letters when you pop them out of the decorative piece. These are from the same letters/frame pack that I used on the Elizabeth Banner from the last post. Everything is Mod Podged to protect it from getting dirty and to help make it durable. I added a large eyelet to each one on the top corners and threaded some shimmery blue organza ribbon through them for the hanger.

If you don't know what Pinterest is, it is a fantabulous website where you can "pin" pictures, like a bulletin board. And you can "repin" others and save them on your boards from others boards. You gotta go check it out! Go here and check out my boards and be my pinning buddy!! If you are alreay a pinner, let me know, I would love to follow you!!


Well that's it for me today! Until next time,
Hugs and Happy Creating!!
~Lorrie

No comments: