Sunday, July 24, 2011

"Elizabeth" Banner







This is the banner that I made for my grandbaby Elizabeth's nursery. She is due in September and my daughter, Amber, is getting the nursery all ready with pretty pinks and yellows. I wanted this to be all pink and girlie and I think that it turned out exactly how I pictured it in my head. I used pink tulle as the ribbon part of the banner and love how soft and pretty is looks. Each letter is a chipboard cut shape using the Top Note die cut in the Big Shot machine. I covered each piece in decorative scrapbook paper, alternating between pink checkered and flowered papers. The letters are puffy stickers mounted on chipboard frames painted pink and then I backed with another chipboard piece painted yellow. I Mod Podged everything. I added a cute flower grommet in each corner and strung each one onto the pink tulle. I placed a pretty little pink flower with bling brad on every other letter. This banner measures about 3 feet long. I am only showing you the "E" and the "L" to show you what papers I used (so as to not overload you with pictures!!). I also made an "E" plaque that matches and I'll share that in a later post.

We had her baby shower yesterday and she received so many nice things, including a whole lotta clothes that are just absolutely adorable. I don't think that Elizabeth will be wearing the same outfit twice until she is at least 6 months old!  '

Well, that's all from me today. Until next time......

Hugs and Happy Stampin'!

~Lorrie

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Lorrie, I LOVE IT !!! It's Beautiful, you are so very talented :)

Theresa said...

Beautiful, your talent is AWESOME, what a lucky, blessed baby lil' Elizabeth is going to be,,, so much love for blessing to our families :)

analisa said...

very very cute and creative. congratulation on becoming a grandmommy - though it does not feel like you are at an age where that really could be wished upon you. :)
~follow me back please: www.biguniversesmallworld.blogspot.com