Sunday, August 29, 2010

Emmaline's Name Banner






I'm back!!! Wow, two days in a row! So, as promised, this is the name banner that I made for my cousin's new granddaughter, Emmaline who is due in September. Each letter is stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock using the Letterpress Alphabet with Pixie Pink and rock-n-rolled with Regal Rose. The frames are from one of Tattered Angels framed alphabets. I colored each one with Copic Marker RV02 and then swiped Regal Rose ink pad and sprayed them with SU! Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz. Love that stuff!! It adds a very nice shimmer, very girly! Each framed letter is adhered to a Big Top die cut from different scraps of paper, but each one has pink, green or both to make them cohesive. I decorated the bottom of each with ribbons, lace, buttons, beads or brads. I used a pink flower eyelet at the top corners so I could string each letter on a long piece of baby pink tulle and tied the ends with hot pink ribbon to make loops to hang it by.
I think I might start offering these on Etsy as soon as the craft building is done. It's slow going on that big project though. We are sort of at a stand still with the roof and siding not completed. We haven't been able to get anyone over here to finish it. Then we have to find an electrician, and then complete the inside, so there's a lot to do. But, I am confident that it will get done and I will have the most awesome space to create in! I have so many ideas in my head on how to decorate. I really should write these things down before I forget! I want to really concentrate on storage ideas especially, because I have accumulated a lot of stuff over the years.
Well, I think that I have rambled enough for today! Hopefully I will have something more to share this week. Well, actually I do, it's just finding the time to sit down and blog it!
Until then....
Hugs and Happy Stampin'!~Lorrie

No comments: