Tuesday, May 11, 2010



This is the card that I made for my Mom for Mother's Day. It is so big, 5 1/2 X 5 1/2 inches square, that I had to make an envelope to put it in. The top photo is the envelope that I made out of a brown paper bag. I cut it down to the size I needed it for the card and stamped one of the images from Vintage in a random pattern all over the bag in Cameo Coral. I then rubbed Cameo Coral and Creamy Caramel ink pads all over it. I sewed around three of the edges with Linen Thread (I pierced the holes first). The card base is Cameo Coral with layers of Creamy Caramel and Blush Blossom, each one stamped with random images from Vintage. One of the layers of Cameo Coral was cut out using the Large Square Scallop die cut. On top of that layer is Certain Celery and then Blush Blossom stamped with Fresh Cuts, colored in with Copics and run through the Big Shot with an embossing folder. I rubbed a Cameo Coral ink pad across all the raised parts. The ribbon is scrunched seam binding. The flower was made by stamping random images all over a piece of Blush Blossom paper, punching 6 Scallop Circles out and then embossing them. They were then scrunched up, then stacked and attached all together with a green jewel brad. The sentiment was stamped on Certain Celery, punched out with Oval Scallop punch and adhered with dimensionals. The frame is from a Maya Road framed alphabet chip board set that I just rubbed a Creamy Caramel and Cameo Coral ink pad over it and adhered it with dimensionals. All of the layers are distressed with the distressing tool and then sponged with either Creamy Caramel or Cameo Coral or both.

Well that's it for me tonight. Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day. I know I did!

Until next time....

Hugs and Happy Stampin'!

~Lorrie

No comments: