Saturday, May 1, 2010

Grunge Board.... how I love thee......


but am still a little intimidated by you! I bought some Tim Holtz Grunge Board at a Stamp/Craft Show back in February and could not wait to make something with it, that is until I opened the package and my mind totally went blank. All of a sudden, I had no clue what to do with it. I mean, what if I cut into it and then totally screw it up?! I thought long and hard before I decided on this little what ever it is, lol. I think it would look cute hanging amongst some pictures on a wall or on a desk. I have a cute little "coat hanger" that I could hang it up with. Sorry the pic is so dark. I had a real hard time photographing it, but it is very shabby chic and textured in real life. I cut the Grungeboard out using Top Note die cut and then sponged Old Olive color on it. I stamped the leaf image and the Friends images from Vintage Vogue in Chocolate Chip. The cute little frame is from Tattered Angels. I sponged it with Creamy Caramel and then rubbed a little Chocolate Chip over it. I adhered it using dimensionals. The flower is made by stamping the same leaf image from Vintage Vogue in Creamy Caramel and the flower images in Cameo Coral on a piece of Pretty in Pink paper and then punched out eight flowers with the Flower Punch. I then scrunched each piece and then sponged with Creamy Caramel. The flowers are adhered together with dimensionals and finished off with a metal heart shaped button. I added some tulle that I sponged with Creamy Caramel to the back of the flower as well.

So that's it for me today! Until next time,

Hugs and Happy Stampin'!

~Lorrie

No comments: