Sunday, September 20, 2009

Merry Christmas ornament


This is a Christmas ornament that I made using the Top Note die cut, just like in the last post with the Boo Banner. The base is a piece of chipboard covered with a piece of SU! designer paper that has been retired. I am trying to use up all my scraps and retired stuff to make room for NEW stuff!! The sentiment is from Good Cheer. I love this set, it's so cute and sweet, even though there are only 3 stamps in the set. My first attempt at coloring the Santa and reindeer stamp in the set wasn't too great, but I will make it into something this week anyway. I stamped the sentiment on Old Olive with Timber Brown Stazon and distressed the edges. I adhered a scallop punched piece of Real Red to the bottom and added a frayed piece of ribbon above it. The ribbon is called Sleigh Bells. I just frayed the ends by pulling a few threads. The holly leaves are stamped on Old Olive, colored with markers, cut out and mounted on top of the ribbon with pop dots. I added a Jumbo Eyelet to each top corner and then thread the same ribbon through and then added brads to hold the ends of the ribbon together. And voila! A sweet little Christmas ornament! I want to make several more like this for the upcoming craft fair.
I had my second card class of the month at out local leisure center. Only one lady showed up, but it was well worth it. She loved everything we made. That is what I love about being a SU! demonstrator. Inspiring even one person is so gratifying. I love sharing this little bitty craft with other people!
So that's it for today. I have to take pictures of the other cards and projects I've been working on so that I can share them with all of you!
Until next time, Hugs and Happy Stampin'!
~Lorrie

1 comment:

Dawn Marie said...

Great idea!!!I love it and just might have to CASE it for my house! My kids would love to hang them on their door knobs!TFS