Monday, August 17, 2009

Tri-Shutter Card

I am really getting brave trying these new fold techniques! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE techniques, but different card folds intimidate me for some reason. But, my bestest crafty friend Melissa made one of these and it was so pretty I had to try it! The hardest thing about this card was figuring out which papers to use. The only 12x12 thicker card stock I had was this green, an orange and a white. I wasn't in the mood to use orange and the white just wasn't doin' it for me either, so I went with the green. It made me think Christmas, so that's what I went with. The DP is from the SU! Holiday Treasures. I also used the retired Riding Hood Red. I made an accordian flower for the main focal point, but the center is something something a little different. I had a bunch of Christmas ornaments that had broken and being the pack rat that I am, I could not bring myself to throw away the little metal top on them. So, I flattened it and then I rubbed alcohol ink on it, blending different colors until I got the desired shade of red. I also added a button in the center that I used alcohol inks on. I then embossed the whole thing with Iridescent Ice ep and adhered it to the accordian flower to make the center. The directions on how to make the accordian flower can be found HERE. (When you get a few minutes, you have to check out Kelly's blog, it's awesome!) The swirls on the top and bottom center panels are from Season of Joy that I stamped and embossed with Iridescent Ice ep. The sentiment is from Cute and Curly stamped in Riding Hood Red and cut out. You can find the technique instructions HERE.
Hope you enjoyed today's post! I am working on some other projects and hope to get them posted soon. Until next time, Hugs and Happy Stampin'!
~Lorrie

1 comment:

melmaree said...

That is absolutely beautiful! You are WAY more crafty than me!!