Sunday, August 16, 2009

Stair Step Fold Card


My first attempt at a stair step fold card. Not too bad, but I learned my lesson on a few points for how to put a card like this together. First I learned to not use patterned paper over the folds because (if you can see it) on the first fold, my dp ripped a little. Second, there is really no reason to decorate the last (back) folded piece because it doesn't really show unless the card is completely opened. But all in, all I think it turned out ok. My card base is Pretty in Pink with a piece of DP from SU! Raspberry Tart paper on top. The butterfly is from SU! butterfly Big Shot die cut and is cut from a piece of Pretty in Pink and a piece of the DP, layered together and adhered with a dimensional. The next fold is the main image which is a sentiment from Great Friend stamped on Pretty in Pink, punched with the Scallop Punch and layered on DP and Pretty in Pink cut using the Nestabilities Scallop Circle. The third fold panel is DP layered on Pretty in Pink punched with Scallop Border Punch and added dots with a SU! marker. The flowers on the second and third layers were given to me by my bestest crafty friend Melissa (thanks Mel!), but I'm not sure what company made them. The picture below shows the card all opened up! You can find the tutorial on how to make this type of card HERE.
Hope you enjoy! Until next time, Hugs and Happy Stampin'!
~Lorrie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read the post. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more soon.

Julia Hakkinen