Saturday, July 11, 2009

Embossed Butterflies


This is a little creation that I came up with last week and I absolutely love how it turned out! My bestest crafty friend Melissa (yes I know I always call her that, but she is!!!!) and I bought a very pretty paper pack and split it, but I can't remember what company it's from. Mel if you're reading this, leave a comment so we'll all know what company made this gorgeous paper! Anyway, I had these leftover butterflies sitting on my desk and they were begging me to add them to this paper! Seriously! Does that ever happen to you? Ok, enough babbling, lol! I didn't want to cover up too much of the pretty paper, so the butterflies seemed like a good way to go. Then I thought that rub-ons would be a nice little touch but not take away too much from the paper. And since I had already broken in my sewing machine a couple days before, why not add a little stitching? It's odd how our creative brains work, isn't it? Or atleast mine anyway :)
The card base and other layer are the new In Colors, Melon Mambo and Crushed Curry. So pretty together and matched the dp perfectly. The butterflies looked a little "naked", so I just wrapped some silver cording around them for the body and antenaes.
Here are all the ingredients for this card:
Paper: Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, unknown DP
Ink: none
Accessories: Butterflies Sizzix die cut, D'vine Swirls Cuttlebug embossing folder, Versa Mark, Iridescent Ice ep, Stampin' Up rub-ons, silver cording, sewing machine
I think that's it! Hope you enjoyed tuning in today!! Until next time, Hugs and Happy Stampin'!
~Lorrie
P.S: I keep messin' up the name of the In Color Melon Mambo. For some reason I want to type Mambo Melon or Melon Mango! So if I screw up the name and don't catch it, just laugh! Remember how I got my blog name? It's because I heard someone accidently say Pickled Tink instead of Tickled Pink and it reminded me of myself, but I liked it! I'm always saying things bassackwards!

No comments: