Thursday, July 9, 2009

Cardboard Box Card


Last week's Ways to Use it Challenge on Splitcoast was to use a piece of corrugated cardboard on your cards or projects and this is what I came up with! The image is from my bestest crafty friend Melissa's stash, so I'm not sure who made it. I've had this image stamped and colored for a while and thought it would be perfect to go with the cardboard, the only thing I did was sponged Creamy Caramel over the whole image to age it. I cut it out and mounted it on Chocolate Chip to make it stand out better. The card base is Old Olive with a layer of Cameo Coral with the sentiment from Elegant Cheer stamped in Brown Stazon in the right hand corner. I peeled the piece of corrugated cardboard apart by wetting the top layer and just pulling it off to expose the corrugated part. This still felt a little too bulky to put on the card, so I also pulled off the back layer to leave only the inside corrugated part. I then kinda smooshed it to soften the ridges a little. The ribbon is a piece of pink organza that I've had for a while, can't remember where I got it, sorry. I just tied it in a bow. Someone left a comment on Splitcoast that the cardboard looked soft and I didn't think so before until I read that. It does look soft, which is kinda strange. I personally never thought to use cardboard in this manner, but it looks good!
Well that's it for today! Until next time, Hugs and Happy Stampin'! Hope ya'll have a happy Friday!
~Lorrie

1 comment:

sandie carter said...

What a lovely card - the torn c/b really sets it off beautifully. TFS