Friday, June 12, 2009


I have had this idea in my head for awhile and finally got around to puting it into action! I made the blue flower from left over wedding stuff and it goes perfectly with the designer paper from K & Company. The card size is 5 1/4" square. The cardstock colors I used are Not Quite Navy, Kiwi Kiss and Whisper White. I just took all the colors from the dp for my color palette. The image and sentiment are from Friends 24-7 stamp set and are colored in with Brocade Blue, Bordering Blue and Old Olive markers. Both of them are stamped on Whisper White and then sponged with Kiwi Kiss on a cotton ball to soften the harsh white. The image is mounted on Not Quite Navy and the sentiment is mounted on Kiwi Kiss. The flower was mounted on Kiwi Kiss that I punched out with the Scallop Punch and then added dots with the Brocade Blue marker. This is a pretty simple card, for me atleast. You know I have to use layers!

FYI if you don't already know, the new SU! catalog is coming out soon and I can't wait to get my copy! I placed my sneak peak order Tuesday and should get it with my complimentary catty next week! I will post the retired sets that I will be selling as soon as I am allowed. I haven't been parting with too many retired sets lately, but I think that I will let a lot of them go to new homes this go around.
I have one more card that I made this past week to share with you and will probably post it tomorrow. I have been having camera issues and playing around with different settings to get the best shots. I am not the computer guru that my daughter is, so I've been tinkering around trying to crop and make my pics a little better, so hopefully, I will be able to post a little more often than I have lately!
Well, that's it for me today! Until next time, Hugs and Happy Stampin'!
~Lorrie

No comments: