Saturday, June 20, 2009

CC223

This is for Tuesday's Color Challenge over on Splitcoast. Breezy Ruby Whispers. Catchy name, huh? Hey, I don't come up with them! The colors are Baja Breeze, Ruby Red and Whisper White. The colors seemed very "country" to me, so that's the direction I took. The card base is Ruby Red with the retired French Script background stamped in Ruby Red. The imagea are Rustic Rooster and Bella Toile Background, stamped on Whisper White, colored in with Prismacolor pencils and the blended with odorless mineral spirits and a paper stump. My friend Melissa just found out about this technique and shared it with me. She also shared some of the mineral spirits and gave me one of her paper stumps. She is the bestest crafy friend a girl could ever have!!! She's also better at this technique than I am, lol! Love ya Mel! So, back to the card. (I know, I ramble). I also stamped the Linen background in Baja Breeze over the Bella Toile image to give it some extra texture. It is then layered on Baja Breeze and also added a Ruby Red corner layer. The Baja Breeze layer is Bella Toile stamped with Baja Breeze and layered on Whisper White. If you haven't noticed, there are a lot of layers on this card! lol. I think I might have said layered about eight times!



I found out earlier today that I'm getting my camera back next week!!!! I am so excited! The camera I've been using isn't the greatest and does not take the best pics, so I can't wait to get my "good" camera back!



Well, that's all for today folks! Until next time, Hugs and Happy Stampin'!



~Lorrie

No comments: