Sunday, May 31, 2009

Featured Stamper


It's been a while since I participated in an SCS challenge, so it felt really good to join in for this week's Featured Stamper, Rox71 and her card can be found here . What an awesome gallery she has! It was hard to choose just one card to do, but it took me forever to get this one done. Maybe I'll lurk some more through her gallery this week and CASE something else. I love her layout and the butterflies, so I pretty much kept with the layout, except I flipped the card. I don't have a lot of butterfly images that are different sizes, so I used the Sizzix Butterflies die cut and used two butterflies, instead of a lot like she used. The card base is Kiwi Kiss with a layer of DP from Raspberry Tart, then a panel of Kiwi Kiss mounted with another piece of DP from the same paper pack. The horizontal panels are Cameo Coral, then Kiwi Kiss and Whisper White that were both punched using the Scallop Border punch. The sentiment is a clear stamp from Studio G that I got in the $1 bin at Michael's. It says "Spread your wings and fly". I also doodled both small panels with a Cameo Coral marker. The butterflies were cut from Pink Pirouette and then run through the D'vine Swirls Cuttlebug embossing folder, then I added Iridescent Ice embossing powder to both. The little swirlies on the sides are rub-ons from a SU! sheet that I've had for a while, can't remember which pack they are from though.

I made this card for my Mom to give to Mariah for graduation. My babies are growing up! It's almost depressing! Amber got married last Friday and Mariah graduates on June 8th. I'll only have one baby left at home come fall. I have learned that I need to cherish every second, because they grow up and become their own "bosses". Sometimes I just wish that I could go back in time and enjoy them as babies again. But, alas, I can't so I will just enjoy them now as young adults. I guess now I can be their friend instead of mean ole mom! Except to Dakota, I'm still mean ole mom to him, lol!

Well that's it for me tonight! Hope everyone had a productive, fun weekend! Until next time, Hugs and Happy Stampin'!
~Lorrie

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

I love it, butterflies are my favs. I wonder if that die will work in the cuttlebug. I have had my cuttlebug for about a month and haven't even taken it out of the box,ugh?