Sunday, April 26, 2009

Rustic Rooster


Hey ya'll! Sorry I've been gone for awhile. Life is crazy right now. I was laid off of my job on Friday and kinda bummed out, but I'm going to use the time for a couple of weeks to get ready for Amber's wedding which is May 22. I have already applied at a couple of places, but I'm not going to stress over it. I have a lot to do around the house and really want to get some items done so that I can maybe hit some gift shops to put stuff on consignment. Now is a pretty good time to work on my Stampin' Up! business, too. I know that I probably can't make much of a living on just selling my handmade items, but it sure would be nice.


I made this card a couple weeks ago, but with computer and camera issues, had not been able to post it until now. The card base is 5 1/12 inch square and is Ruby Red cs. All of the images are from the Rustic Rooster hostess set. The main image is stamped on a large tag that was dyed with coffee. I got a pack of them at the Stamp Fair that was here in Columbia back in February. Love that paper, it smells so good! lol. I might have to figure out how to make some of it! I embossed the rooster with black ep and then colored him in with different inks using a blender pen. I then stamped the french script, swirl and post mark stamps, from the same stamp set, all over with Old Olive, Ruby Red and Creamy Caramel. The main image piece is mounted on three different layers, two that were cut out with the Top Note die cut from Belle Rose patterned paper. All layers are also sponged. The ribbons are the wide organdy and the stitched ribbon, both of which have been retired. I stamped the script stamp on the organdy ribbon and heated it with the heat tool to age it.
Well, thanks for stoppin' by today. And thanks for hangin' in there while I haven't been posting much. I don't have much of an excuse now, since I do have some extra time on my hands. I have some other things to share with you very soon. Until next time, Hugs and Happy Stampin'!
~Lorrie

1 comment:

Deanne G said...

Hello. I found your blog from a business card you left at The Other Pancake House in Lexington. I was wondering if you hold any stamp classes. I've been stamping for about a year now and would love to take a class or two!
Thanks
Deanne
dcartegroves@yahoo.com