Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bella Rose

This DP is one of my favorite that SU!
has come out with. I love roses even though I can't grow them! My Dad and Brother got the green thumbs in the family. I do good with a few bulbs and shrubs in my yard. I'm a better paper flower grower, lol! So anyway, I really wanted the stamp set, Fifth Avenue Floral when it first came out, because of the big rose stamp. I thought that it would look so great layered. This took me awhile to do, but there are actually 6 layers to this rose. I stamped each one with Black Stazon on Riding Hood Red cs and cut each one out. Some of the petals are cut and just layered individually. Before I put it together, I distressed each one by rubbing a bone folder type tool over each piece to make it kind of wrinkled. Then I stamped the French Script Background stamp in Riding Hood Red on each one. I like the dimension that gave it. The card base is Kiwi Kiss, then a layer of Riding Hood Red that was punched at the bottom with the new Lace Punch. Next is a layer of the Bella Rose DP with a piece of White Organdy tied around it. The flower is adhered with dimensionals as is the tag that was stamped on Kiwi Kiss in Riding Hood Red and the sentiment is from the Friend to Friend stamp set. I could not get the ribbon tied in a very good bow, so I opted for a button from a vintage button pack from Hobby Lobby and I added a Red Fire & Ice Brad to the center. This card is very bulky and will probably cost twice as much to mail it, but isn't it worth it?!!!
I have a lot more to show you. Yes I have been busy stamping. Haven't been able to post until today, because the mother board went out on my computer. Computers are wonderful things, if they wouldn't break down! It's almost as bad as having car trouble!! What in the world did we do before computers? Oh yeah, we played outside or played board games or found something to watch on the 3 tv chanels we had! We had it so rough! lol
I will try to go ahead and set up the next few posts and see if I can figure out how to schedule them to post on different days.
So until next time, Hugs and Happy Stampin'!

~Lorrie




No comments: