Saturday, March 14, 2009

Pretty Pink Lilacs



This is the card that I made for my Sister-in-Law's birthday. I got the idea for this card from Angie and you can see her beautiful creations here. She is just so darn talented!

I started with the circle and stamped the lilacs from the retired set Blossoms Abound in Pink Passion, Pixie Pink and Pretty in Pink on Whisper White cs. I also stamped the retired French Script background with Pixie Pink and Basic Brown and sponged the whole thing with Creamy Caramel. The lilac in the middle is stamped, embossed with Iridescent Ice EP and adhered with dimensionals. I also embossed the other lilacs. The dragonfly is from Organic Grace and stamped in Black Staz-on on Whisper White cs and colored in with SU! markers and also embossed. The card base is Kiwi Kiss. The organdy ribbon was distressed by zappin' it with the heat gun until it started to curl up. You have to be careful with that technique or you'll burn the ribbon. This I know from experience! I cut a small slit in the top crease fold of the card stock and slipped the ribbon through and then tied it around the card. The only thing I don't like about that is that the ribbon is visible from inside the card, but oh well! I hope she likes the card and the gift from the last post. I'm almost sure she will!

Today, I spent making a flower arrangement for my daughter's wedding. As soon as the final touches are done, I'll take some pics and share! I'm also making the bouquet which I'm terrified to make! Amber is slightly picky, but is having a hard time really making a decision on what she wants. She wants sea shells in it, because we are going with a casual elegant beach theme, but she also wants real flowers in it, so I'm trying to come up with something that she'll love. I'll also share that as soon as it's finalized. Last night I stamped the tags for the wedding favors. I bought a bunch of little glass bottles with corks and we will make a little note to slip inside each one to create a "message in a bottle". I've come up with a lot of little things for the wedding and reception, just have to get it all done! I'm getting nervous, but I know everything will come together.

Until next time, Hugs and Happy Craftin'!

~Lorrie

1 comment:

Ann said...

Your card is gorgeous!!!!! I love lilacs! Thanks for the tip on the ribbon too.
Stampin' Smiles from Ear to Ear,
Ann :)