Thursday, March 12, 2009

Footprints
















This is a cigar box turned into art! I took the lid off and made it a shadow box. First I painted the box with light brown paint and covered inside and out with a piece of designer paper that I've had in my stash for a long time. I also Modge Podged the whole thing before I added the image piece. The image is Footprints in the Sand from Our Daily Bread Stamps. I stamped the image in Timber Brown Stazon and then colored it in with pencils. I added Summer Flower Soft to the plants and also glued small sea shells at the bottom of the image and filled in with little crystal chips (can't remember the real name) to resemble sand. Then I mounted the image on a piece of blue cardstock and then mounted it inside the box. I added ribbon around the inside and glued a larger sea shell in front. This is going to my sister in law for her birthday and I really hope she likes it. She usually does, but I always worry, lol!
So tomorrow, I'll share the card I made for her, too!
Until then, Hugs and Happy Craftin'!
~Lorrie

1 comment:

Ann said...

Beautiful Lorrie! I love this 3D project!
Stampin' Smiles from Ear to Ear,
Ann :)