Monday, March 23, 2009

Cute little bird....


I love the cute little fat birds from the Cheep Talk set. This card is 5 1/2 inch square, which I don't normally do, but I really wanted to use the DP from Pink Flamingo (my favorite paper in the new catalog!!!!) and I didn't want to cover too much of it up, so I made the card bigger, lol. The limb was stamped first in Basic Brown ink on Whisper White cs and again on a scrap piece in Green Galore, then I cut out only the leaves in the green and glued them to the branch. The bird was inked with markers and stamped onto the limb. The image piece was double mounted on Summer Sun and Tempting Turquoise. The card base is also Tempting Turquoise. I tied a piece of turquoise shimmery ribbon (can't remember where I got it) around the piece of dp before adhering it to the card base. The sentiment says "hello there!" from the Cheep Talk set, stamped in Basic Black on Summer Sun and then punched out with the Round Tab punch and layered on one that was also punched from Tempting Turquoise. This is one of the most cheery, happy cards I've made lately and I love it! It's really beginning to look and feel like Spring here, which won't last too long here in South Carolina before it starts getting hot and muggy, so I'm enjoying the mild weather for now! When it does get too hot, I'll just look at this card and think about how the weather is now!
Thanks for stoppin' by today! Hugs and Happy Stampin'!!!!
~Lorrie

No comments: